Thursday, 5 June 2008

A murder of crows

I am feeling blue like Kate these days. No particular good reason, just lots of things that I don't know what to do about, like should we move, so that Christopher can go to a decent secondary school? What shall I do instead of teaching? I had been distracting myself by sewing the primitive dolls, but unless I can set up shop and sell them by the dozen it will remain a distraction. I sent Susan one of my crows, a pink flowery one, so I wanted to wait until she had hers before I posted this picture. They are completely useless, but fun, I think. I particularly like the collective noun for crows. I don't know who sat around thinking up these things, and I'm not sure if they are really used, or if they are just anecdotal. There was a film with the title. Maybe I will try and rent it now!

5 comments:

ethel and edna's tearoom said...

Hmm... Know what you mean. I don't have the choice about teaching tho'. Am only doing maternity cover which finishes at the end of term and she's due back in September. I need to find another part time job or make a go of selling stuff very quickly. Nightmare.

Riyo Gems said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maureen said...

How strange, I'm sure I left a comment on here a couple days ago?? well here goes again - I think the title would make a wonderful Dorothy Sayers who dunnit, that's what it reminded me of when I saw it anyway love the crows

jennyflower said...

Just found your blog and am loving it! Sorry you're feeling low, hope that it lifts soon and the future gets clearer. I wonder what a group of crafters are....a tangle?....a fluff?.....a flit?

Jan said...

I just love your crows - they have little characters of their won